Ralph Brandreth constructed this boathouse on his waterfront property in 1889 and leased it to the early Sing Sing Yacht Club for $75 a year. The boathouse was originally connected to shore by a piled walkway, and later by the bridge shown above. A meeting room was on the second floor, leading to a covered piazza. Canoes and lockers occupied the first floor. Boats were moored to spilings in the river. A canoe or launch is stored on side deck. A flag pole is evident beyond the roof.