In 1901 the Village of Sing Sing changed its name, prompting the Sing Sing Yacht Club to do likewise. They merged with the Canoe Club and became the Shattemuc Yacht and Canoe Club of Ossining. The Club renovated its clubhouse and added a three story tower in 1907.

The powerhouse was expanded and operated by the Northern Westchester Lighting Company.